Monday, May 12, 2008

we're still here

I bet you were wondering since we haven't written in so long.. but yes, we're still here!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers. Mark & I are so grateful to our mothers! xoxox This weekend I had the pleasure of speaking at the Mother-Daughter Banquet in St Joe where we used to go to church. It was so fun and a great opportunity to see a lot of friends!

A few short hours after we got home from that trip on Saturday they started predicting tornadoes. We went up to church and hung out there. thankfully the tornadoes didn't come our way but did go south of joplin. One of our friends was hurt when he was trapped in his truck during the storm protecting his 2-year old daughter. Please pray for Joey. He is home from the hospital but very sore and emotionally drained.

Ruthy starts kinder-camp in a few weeks. She'll go to school from 8-11 Mon-Fri from late May to late June. she's excited about it and I'm glad she has this opportunity. Then the first two weeks of July they offer swimming lessons to all the enrolling kindergartener for free! : )

We're still adjusting to Biscuit. While the girls are now eating in the kitchen, they are usually standing on their chairs or even sitting on the table. Javan is doing great with her though. Last Wednesday was her 9-week bday. I decided we should make it a bigger-than-usual deal and see if that helped. I made a doggy-bone shaped meatloaf, hush-puppies, and brownies cut into puppy and bone shapes. Then we blew up balloons and tied two ends together to sort-of look like a bone............ all that to say...... they still wouldn't pet her. It was a fun party though. Keep praying for this too please as it's really difficult.

This weekend is Kristen D's (mark's cousin) wedding. She's asked the girls to be flowergirls in it. They are very excited. I think we'll be practcing a lot this week. We're also looking forward to Mark's Mom, sister Bonita & Brandon, and his brother Gordon, Nancy & their kids coming. It will be fun to see each other and visit.

okay-so there are probably a lot more interesting things i should include...but i can't think of anything right now...maybe after some sleep....

have a good week.

No comments: