Wednesday, June 04, 2008

another week

We're really getting tired of the storms around here. Saturday night there were severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings west of us, in the county west of us in Kansas. We decided to wake up the kids and go to church (our safe place). We stayed there for nearly 2 hours with a neighbor. Thankfully the storms ended up going around us north & south.
Then yesterday (Tues) night we heard our NOAA weather radio beeping at us at 11:15pm with severe thunderstorms in Kansas but coming at about 70mph. We called our neighbor again and met them at church. The storms came with 80mph winds and a lot of rain/thunder. We found a very safe closet at church and hung out for nearly 2 hours again. We were joined by many others of the Oronogo area. The kids were obviously very tired. when we finally came home we didn't have power for the first 45minutes so it was hard for them to go back to sleep (of course, in our bed). We tried to go to bed early tonight but it seemed to take forever. Ruthy is very tired however and hasn't yet napped since she started kinder-camp. One night thing about the storms is we do get to visit with our neighbors and our friends..and we all enjoy that part!

Ruthy is loving kindercamp and is now riding the bus home. She is the first one off the bus and is always home by 11:00. Her bus driver is very nice. It's a lot easier not having to drag Moriah & Javan out of the van every time too. She really likes her teacher but came home today saying that her teacher is getting married next week so they'll have another teacher for the next two weeks.

Javan has quite a growing vocabulary. He still talks regularly about the cow in teh barn. Here's some of the latest ones:golp- golf
opp- off
Twebaw-Trevor (our neighbor who's 11months old and is a good pal of Javan's)

He loves to "EEE" (swing) and loves to hang off of the bar on the swing set.

Moriah is adjusting to Ruthy being gone during the mornings. Actually, she likes it pretty well. She likes having someone to play with so we've had more playtime together and we've also been doing her own school time here. She LOVES to swing and I think she could stay out there all day as long as I kept swinging her. Today I held her as high as I could while she was in the 'baby' swing so she was close to 6' in the air. Then I let her go. She closed her eyes and squeeled and absolutely loved it and kept asking for more.

Monday while we waited for Ruthy to get off the bus I cleaned off some spiderwebs that were 'growing' in teh garage. When I did it I also found a web of a black-widow spider with her eggs on the rocks of our house!!! I scraped it into a ziplock bag so I could show the kids and Mark. Then I put the baggie into a tupperware bowl with a lid. Then during yesterday's storm it blew our neighbors basketball goal over. On a walk today I looked at the bottom of it and noticed the same kind of eggs as were on the wall of our house. I got the bug spray and sprayed her until she quit moving. Then tonight w/o kids I went back and squished her and the eggs just to be sure! We've sprayed all around our house inside and out now...I hope that's it!

I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight without the NOAA radio beeping. Good night!

1 comment:

Granny said...

I just had a chance to catch up on your adorable family!!! I so enjoy watching your kiddos grow up reading your blog!!! Keep up the good work and we hope to be going down that way soon and will give you all a call!! Love you guys!
Tennyson's Granny and Poppie