Ruthy was praying yesterday for herself and a little girl in her class that gives her A LOT of trouble. Ruthy was very dramatic in her prayer which lasted at least 5 minutes. Half-way through she said, "Dear God... give me ..... give me.... give me gas...well not gas but let me have courage to keep being kind to her." (I think she meant energy).
Moriah has wanted that talking Dog, Biscuit, since the Christmas ads came out. We went to Target the other day and found it on 75% off on the clearance aisle and got it for her for her bday present in August (she doesn't know we got it). Anyway, when she came home she ran to her piggy bank and dumped it on my bed to show Daddy. She lamented to him how sad she was because she didn't have enough money to buy the dog, and it would all be sold out soon. She looked at her Dad and said, "Daddy, Curtis gives Mommy money all the time, but she doesn't give any to me." I babysit for Curtis & Jamie two days a week so at the end of the week one of them pays me. Moriah has seen this but feels left out. It worked though, Daddy paid her for her help.
Javan loves to try to spin balls on his finger like his cousin Brandon can do. Monday the girls and I went to a Pampered Chef party and Mark & Javan went on a guys night. Javan heard the word "party" and INSISTED on a blue cake.... because, as he says, "Blue is my favorite." So, Javan & Daddy headed to Wmart to look for a blue cake. They found an individual size cake with blue & white frosting. As they continued shopping, Javan decided to 'spin' the cake on his finger while Dad wasn't watching. It didn't spin very good and landed on the floor. As Javan retold the story, "a BIG mess!" So, they put the cake down and instead got donuts! They came home and Javan requested to blow out the candles on his 'cake'. He & Daddy had a very fun day.
Last Friday, Ruthy came home from school with bumps all over her back. I'm not sure what it is, if it's related to her cough or if it's from stress, but they were gone by Saturday. Anyway, after her bath I looked at them and she told me, "I think it's fried chicken pox".
Ruthy was trying to tell me about the Statue of Liberty, the other day. She couldn't remember the name, but instead said, "You know the lady from Kansas City."
When I was watching Trevor the other day (Curtis & Jamie's little boy), we turned on a show called "Wonder Pets". It was singing a song about sharing. She asked why they were sharing. I told her because it was more fun to share. She said, "Umm, yeah... but not really."
Javan, Moriah & I always stand at the kitchen door and wave goodbye to Ruthy & Daddy as they go off to school/work in the mornings. Javan learned the phrase, "see ya later alligator". When he tried to repeat it though, it came out, "Goodbye Gatorade!" Now, he says that all the time!
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the cute stories, Rachel. I always love reading what is going on in the Bond's Life. Take care!
you guys just make me SMILE
That's going to be my new morning prayer. "Dear God, please give me gas to not go postal at work." hahaha.
Post a Comment