We've had a fun and busy fall.
Moriah started preschool this fall. She is loving it! She has 13 kids in her class and tells me little stories about each of them at the end of the day. Her teacher, Ms. DJ, is wonderful. She enjoys going twice a week and it's a good introduction for next year's full-day kindergarten.
Ruthy has really enjoyed 1st grade. Her teacher is wonderful!! A few weeks ago we had our Parent/Teacher Conference. Ruthy is reading at a 28........which translates to an end-of-the-year 2nd grade level!! Last year she finished kindergarten reading at a end-of-the year-1st grader level. We are so proud of her. She really enjoys the Jack & Annie "Magic Treehouse" series that they are reading in school. We've been 'spoiling' her and buying her one a week if she has a good week at school/home...doesn't get much better than a $3 book that she reads in a week!!!!
Javan is wonderful! He's such a good 'baby'. He completely potty-trained himself shortly after his 3rd birthday! We love it!!!! Although the other day I was re-arranging the garage, and realized how much I miss diaper boxes..... so if you live in the Joplin area I might snag some of yours, friends!! : )
Funny story time-
So, I don't always remember to write them down, but the last few weeks we had some good ones!
I asked Moriah to wipe off the kitchen table after supper the other day. She felt she needed to stand on it to get it done (oh, well). When she finished she looked at me and in a very serious tone said, "It's slippery up there...be careful!"
The girls and Javan were playing that there was a robber in our house. I don't know why, but I guess it made the game of hide-and-seek more exciting. Anyway, the girls would run out of hiding and yell "there's a robber". Javan would run out behind them screaming, "Be careful, there's a Robert!" this is really funny because we have a friend, and co-worker of Mark's, named Robert, and he and Javan get along really well.
I was telling Moriah the other day that we needed to get them all in to see the dentist again. She says, "Who's our dentist?" I told her and she said, "oh, I thought it was Dr. Seuss!"
Hopefully it won't take me so long to update next time, but haven't I said that before. You can follow our quick-postings and more pictures on facebook! : )
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute stories from the Bonds, as usual. Love the "Robber/Robert" story. Kids continue to say the darndest things!
Post a Comment