Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday - WOOHOO!

It has been a much less eventful week than last for the Bond Family. Nevertheless, the weekend is coming and that brings a smile to our faces. Tonight will be the fun task of cleaning out gutters. The reward for such a task...deer hunting on Saturday!!!

I went to the rifle range today and sighted in a Winchester 30-06 at 1" high at 100 yards and dead on at 200. Granted, that is with the gun resting on sandbags and pointing at a round black circle. Put a mouth-watering 16 point in front of me at 200 yards and I won't keep it dead on :)

So tomorrow morning as you roll out of bed, if it's still dark outside (say 6:00 AM), know I'm in the field waiting for unfortunate deer to stager out of the woods just far enough.

Have a great weekend. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post here tomorrow evening of the hunt.

No comments: