Friday, November 11, 2005

A week long update

It's been another week since we wrote last. We just haven't taken the time to write like we should've.

The girls and I have all been battling colds this last week. Just when we were all feeling better it seems we're congested again. hopefully this round doesn't last long. Mark has been able to avoid most of the cold stuff so far.

Tuesday night we had choir/worship team practice. A small group from the church hosted a get-together with popcorn, trail mix, apples and drinks as a refreshment break. They allowed us to take a break in the middle of practice and get to know one another better. It was fun. Moriah literally ate half an apple. She was down to the seeds and core when I picked her up in the classroom where she was playing with the other kids.

Wednesday night we had small groups. Ruthy enjoys her class. This week she painted a gourd for her craft. From her stories that she tells, her game was to throw a little pillow into a box (I'm guessing it's a bean bag). She told me today that she had her chance, she had three tries. During her lesson time, the teacher hides Bibles throughout the room for the kids to find. She loves doing this and was excited to tell us about the little blue Bible she found in her classroom. She was sure to tell me though that she didn't want a big one, she had to find a little one.

Mark & I are enjoying our small group. As I said before a huge majority of them have never been to church regularly in their life. Wednesday our lesson, a DVD series, was post-poned because we couldn't find the remote. God had great timing! We got into a discussion about joining the church and baptism and next week 5-6 members of our small group are planning to be baptized!!! Please keep these young believers in your prayers. I am so humbled by them. They are so excited to learn about God's Word and what He wants for them (even some of the basics like, "are tv's a sin?").

Today was Mark's day off. We woke up and went to Denny's for breakfast. Then, we went and signed our wills. Isn't it funny how with a piece of paper we can set out the future for our children. As much as we hope no one will ever have to go through it, we take peace in knowing we have provided for our chidren. Then, we went to Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery shopping. After naps we went up to church for a bit. Last Sunday, I painted the kids' hands on the walls in the 2's-3's room. We redecorated that room in September and painted green rolling hills and blue sky. Sunday we added each kids' handprint to the wall and today Mark turned them into flowers by painting stems at the base of the handprints. It really looks cute, and when I get it all done, will try to put a picture online.

After that we came home and enjoyed playing in the living room and the girls took baths and are now asleep. I'm headed off to do the same! Good night.

No comments: