It's been a long time since we've updated our blog. Since I last wrote, both girls got sick with colds and high fevers. Ruthy had to take breathing treatments at home for awhile since her colds always head toward her chest with her asthma. They are both doing better now.
For Valentine's Day, Mark got each girl a balloon, a rose, and a box of candy. They loved them and the roses are still pretty.
Our Small Group is in a church volleyball league. The girls and I have gone to watch them a couple times and really enjoyed it. We're not the #1 team, but I definitely think we have the most fun! This last Sunday we were a player short so I got to play. It was fun, but my shoulders really hurt Monday-Tuesday.
Our small group has also gotten together to play cards on Friday night. I had to learn how to play, and am still slow at it, but it's fun to hang out together. And, everyone was gracious as I was learning...and I had a patient partner...thanks Sabrina!! The girls just played with the other kids and we ended up getting home about midnight. Ruthy slept until almost 10:30 Saturday morning in her own bed!!
Ruthy's slept in her own bed several nights now all night long. A couple times last week and the last two nights in a row this week. She told me she'd do it tonight too! I tried putting Moriah in Ruthy's bed at nap time to ease Moriah out of the crib, but it didn't work. She thought it was fun until I left and she realized it wasn't just for playing. Ruthy made the transition to a big bed much easier, so we'll have to figure something out. Meanwhile, Moriah's in a bad habit of waking up after a couple hours sleep calling for "mommy" to come get her and take her to mommy's bed. It's my fault she's in that habit, it all started with her ears hurting and I felt bad...now it's just a bad habit. She & I "talked" today about how she's going to sleep in her own bed as soon as Dr. Doug says her ears are clear next week. She's still playing with them even though when I took Ruthy in last week for her check-up, Dr. Randy checked Moriah's ears and said they were clear.
Last night I couldn't sleep well. I had a terrible headache that Tylenol didn't work on and my jaw and right ear were hurting. I didn't have any medicine here to take for colds that was safe during pregnancy. (I'd been battling a runny nose, cough, etc for a few weeks, but thankful not to get a fever). Anyway, this morning I called Dr. Randy's office to make an app't. They got me right in and found I have fluid on both ears. He put me on an antibiotic and told me to get Sudafed. The girls and I laid down for naps together (hoping to get an extra long one since I was awake a lot last night). We slept 3 wonderful hours! I feel so much better.
Hopefully everyone will sleep well tonight. Tomorrow Zoe is coming to play in the morning as Beth starts a new job. She's taken care of her family and stayed home for the last 13 years and is excited about being able to work outside of the home. It sounds like a perfect job with great hours so we're excited for her. Then, tomorrow night Ruthy & Moriah are invited to Brielle's birthday party. Brielle is turning three! It's amazing to think that when we first met the Smiths, Brielle was only three months old! How time flies!!
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment