Mark left early this morning to travel back to St. Joe for the Tractor Cruise. http://www.showmetractorcruise.com/ This is a great event that Mark has video taped for several years. The proceeds go to benefit Camp Quality, a camp for children with cancer. Anyway, I was explaining to the girls this morning that Dad was going to the Tractor Cruise. Moriah was listening and said, "Tractor Bruise" Why? So for our family we'll be calling it the tractor ride. Although, she hasn't forgotten and keeps asking about the bruise.
The girls and I played outside this morning and pulled our outdoor toys (bubbles, chalk, etc) out of the garage. It was fun. Then, we came inside and made Chocolate Star cookies except instead of the stars we used Carmel or Peanut Butter kisses. Moriah was hungry and ate a bunch of goldfish crackers while Ruthy and I mixed, balled the cookies, and rolled them in sugar. It was a lot of fun and Ruthy really enjoyed it. Our kitchen has an island which has been great. There's even electricity on the side so we could mix our cookie dough there too.
While the cookies baked the girls played in the playroom. In our new house, the playroom could've been the formal dining room so it's beside the kitchen and the living room. I love it!! Then we had lunch and naps. The girls woke up a bit early during naps so I crawled in bed with them (they are each in a twin but the beds are pushed together) and we slept some more. We ended up sleeping until 4:00 (the fell asleep about 1:00!!!) it was great. I've been a lot more tired this week than I have been for several weeks. Probably, because my deadlines are over and I can relax for a few more weeks until the baby comes.
Ruthy had been asking to go to a park but I haven't seen one in Webb City so we'd have to venture to Joplin. I looked online at their parks & rec dept and found several that look good. I also found out that tonight from 6-8pm they were offering free swimming at one of the aquatic centers that has slides, fountains, gradual entry (slowly gets deeper), etc. It was wonderful. The girls and I went and got there a little before 6pm. We swam, splashed, kicked, and jumped in (they did, not me) a majority of the time. When we entered the pool area they gave us each tickets for a free hotdog, soda, and icecream treat. The girls had a great time and were really brave! We didn't even use their life jackets and the didn't mind the other kids' splashing too much. Ruthy even sprayed herself from one of the fountains and loved it.
By the time we made it home it was 9pm and getting late. We had a quick snack (I thought the hot dog, soda, and ice cream would've cut it but I guess not) then off to bed. Mark called and said things had gone well at the tractor cruise set-up and he was headed to the hotel to shower and sleep in preparation for an early morning tomorrow. The girls talked to him for a few minutes on the phone and enjoyed that.
We'll see what tomorrow may bring!!!
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment