We have a very busy schedule this fall. Tuesday nights we have 6:17 - a Bible Study for 20-30 year olds that provides a place for them to make connections with other young adults. It seems the only place for this age group of people to meet is at a bar. Our church wanted to provide an alternative to this generation that is out of college and just starting a family or single. It has been pretty good so far. There are four of us on staff that work on this event. Two of our families have children, so we have a babysitter for that night and Rachel and I get to participate in a group at 6:17.
On Wednesday nights, we have "The Gathering". It is our main education program at CCO. We have about 400 that participate on that night. There are women's studies (Beth Moore's Daniel Bible Study), a men's study (Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus), and small group studies (Take it to the Limit by Andy Stanley), plus full programs for nursery - high school. We just started a meal this year where we've partnered with some local food chains (KFC, Subway, Sonic, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, etc) that provide individually boxed meals for $3. Families come and eat before their studies. Rachel and I are in a small group doing the "Take it to the Limit" for this night while the kids are in their own classes.
Thursday nights are worship team rehearsal for me. They take up most of the night. So, three nights a week we are go-go-go. That makes Friday and sometimes Saturday a nice breather. Today we headed to Sam's for a fun family outing. One trip through the samples is as good as a buffet lunch for the girls :) We also made a stop at a Christian Book store and got a new book for the kids to read about what Halloween is and why we should not fear. I also picked up a CD called Be the Centre Piano. It's a bunch of Vinyard songs that are simply played on an acoustic piano without vocal. Very relaxing.
Speaking of CDs, I received my new Chris Tomlin album yesterday!!! It's called See the Morning and it is really good. I'm a rep for sixstep records and I got my pre-released copy early, but you can pick up a copy this Tuesday! And believe me, you should. In fact, if you follow this link, you can get an autographed cover copy of See the Morning. I think one of my favorite tunes is #4 - Everlasting God. It's actually a tune by Brenton Brown, but Tomlin's version is really good.Well, Barney is wrapping up his 30 minutes of fun, so I better wrap this up myself. I hope your weekend is relaxing!
1 comment:
Mark,
So good to hear that things are good for you. Thanks for the info!
We have been busy here too; totally understand the catching up thing.
We think of you guys often and pray that all is going well and you continue to see God in all that you are doing!
We miss you too!! Someday we will make it back down and you can give us a full tour.:-)
All our love to all of you!!
Post a Comment