Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's Wednesday

Today we went to small groups at church and had a good time. Ruthy really enjoys her class and Moriah hasn't had as big a problem going to class anymore, yeah! She tells me every day that someone in her class pushed her, but I think she's just making it up now. Yesterday at mom's connection she told me a girl pushed her. Then, when we got home she said a boy pushed her. oh well, it gives her something to talk about I guess...

I made the neatest purse last week and wanted to let you know about it so you can do it too if you want. Take a placemat and some ribbon. Sew the ribbon to the back of the short sides of the placemat. Then, turn the placemat inside out and sew the sides together. Turn it right side out and you're done! I love it. It really only took me 10 minutes and most of that was cutting my ribbon to the length I wanted it and setting up the machine.

Also, I mentioned we'd be making cookies a few weeks ago. We made chocolate waffle cookies. They were good. We took some to our new neighbor who moved in a few weeks ago and were able to meet him. He's a principal at a private school here in town. Ruthy made sure he didn't have any dogs or cats and let him know that she wouldn't touch them if he did. It was funny. Anyway, here's the recipe for the cookies if you'd like.


1 1/2 cups melted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
6 eggs
9 Tbls. cocoa
3 cups flour
3 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond flavoring (optional)

Mix all the cookie ingredients together well.Bake the dough in a waffle iron. Place about one tablespoon of dough on each section of the greased waffle iron. Cookie is done when my waffle iron light goes off and the cookie dough is firm to the touch (about 1-2 minutes).

Remove with a fork and place on cooling racks. Drizzle with powdered sugar frosting.

I have another recipe for a white waffle cookie that I'm going to try sometime hopefully and I'll let you know how it turns out!

Tomorrow we are supposed to get Javan's 2 month pictures taken at JcPenneys. Then, Friday is his two month doctor appointment which includes his immunizations. This weekend is Mining Days here in town. They have a carnival with a 6-story ferris wheel and a parade Saturday morning. I hope we can got to it. http://www.miningdays.com/

No comments: