Monday, November 13, 2006

Our last week

We had a good week, I'm not sure why we didn't update our blog during the week.

Wednesday the kids and I went to the mall to pick up Javan's pictures from JcPenneys. On the way we stopped at McD's for lunch then home for naps (which took a long time to get to naps). Moriah has really been fighting sleeping at naps and at bedtime. Wednesday night we went to church for small groups. Webb City High School football team was playing Carthage in a playoff game so there weren't very many people there. (football is HUGE here and WC rarely loses).

Thursday we went to Travis & Lindsay's to celebrate my birthday a little early. It was so nice to hang out and visit with Travis & Lindsay, Nick & Lauren, and Josh. Lindsay made some great chimichangas and spanish rice and a delicious chocolate cake. Ruthy helped me blow out the rows and rows of candles. When we finally got them all blown out she said, "now we're both 30!" Although, I'm not too apprehensive about turning 30, she is definitely much more excited about it than I am!

Saturday Mark had worship practice then we went out to lunch together at a chinese restaurant in Carthage. It was fun. Saturday night was the staff Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's party so Travis & Lindsay came over and watched all three kids while we went to that. It was fun to visit. We sat at a table with Lynn & Betsy Ragsdale, Senior Minister and Clifford & Pam Wert, an elder and his wife. Pam has a daughter named Rachel who has a son who was born two days before Javan, so we visit a lot.

Sunday I began volunteering in the Children's Ministry. The co-ordinator put me in Moriah's class. I wasn't sure how it would work, but it was okay. The co-teacher with me ended up being a wonderful lady named Stephanie. Shephanie and I met almost a year ago at a Burger King while Mark was interviewing for his job here. She and I visited for almost two hours at BK while the kids played and I remembered her. I didn't expect her to remember me since I didn't say where Mark was interviewing, but we did talk about Christ's Church of Oronogo. It was fun yesterday to talk about it and she remembered our conversation at BK. We'll be in there together every week and we exchanged phone numbers and hope to get together during the week to play as she has a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy.

When I picked up Ruthy from her class yesterday the teacher told me a girl crashed into Ruthy and she had a red spot under her eye. The thing is, is that we are supposed to have our family pics taken tonight at JCP's. We had to cancel an appt a few weeks ago because Moriah had fallen at the babysitters' while Mark & I were at 617, our young adult service, and had a big scratch on her nose and a purple/red knot on her forehead. I think we'll keep our appt today as it does look a lot better and we'll just have her stand so it's not as noticeable, hopefully.

No comments: