This week has flown by. I think I've driven into Joplin every day this week.
Monday, Ruthy and Moriah had check ups at the doctors. Javan's ears are fine. Ruthy feels much better. Then we went to the library and picked out some new books and movies.
Tuesday we took Javan's 5 month pics a few weeks late. He did super!! I'll post some of them when we get the email proofs! It was a lot of fun.
For breakfast Moriah and Ruthy ate cornflakes. Ruthy was explaining to Moriah that they are called "cornflakes". Moriah misunderstood and kept saying "snowflakes". Ruthy finally was satisfied when Moriah said cornflakes. However, when Moriah finished her bowl of cereal she said, "look, I ate all the snowflakes." It was cute!
Wednesday, I took all 3 kids to get their pictures taken at JCPenneys. They did good but we only got four pictures taken so I'll proabably try again another time. Then we went to Burger King for lunch before going to WIC. We had to be at WIC at 2:00 (nap time!!) and got out at 3:30. Then, we ran to Wal-Mart before going home to drop off groceries. Moriah fell asleep in the car at 5:00, just as I pulled into the driveway. Supper is at church at 5:30 prior to small groups so we ran off to that.
Mark Scott is teaching a Life of Christ class at church on Wednesday nights. I'm so excited. He is an excellent teacher and leader and I'm excited to learn from him.
Thursday, Ruthy had a sonogram at Freeman East. She was a bit nervous about it but when she figured out what was going on, she did great and laid really still. Just before we left for that app't Ruthy's nurse called and said they had her urine test results from Monday back and there was an "organism" in her urine that was different from what was present when she went to the ER/Urgent care in December. So, we had to take in a new sample with the promise of results later.
Friday, (today) we went back to town to go to Wear-ables a children's used clothing store that buys clothes. She offered me $37.50 for some of Moriah's clothes that she'd outgrown. It's actually in-store credit but that's okay since I'll be buying Ruthy and Javan coats for next winter. Then we went to Pizza Inn for lunch and the kids really liked it. We ran to Wal-Mart with the rest of the Joplin area for milk and a few other necessities before the freezing rain hit.
Dr. McMichael's office called and said Ruthy's kidney sonogram looked good and everything was fine. They said the organism was still present in Thursday's urine sample so we need to try to flush it out by increasing her fluid intake. We'll go back on Tuesday or Wednesday and see if the organism is gone. If not, Ruthy will be on a z-pack (a really strong antibiotic).
Dr McMichael is very knowledgeable and thorough, however we REALLY miss the friendship and history we had with Dr. Randy and Dr. Doug in St. Joseph. It was nice knowing that when we called the office they knew exactly who we were and that we had a good friendship so we could call them anytime.
Tonight I was feeding Javan in the living room while the girls were playing nicely in Javan's room. When Mark walked in to check on them he found them COVERED in diaper cream.
They were having a good time and now I won't worry about either of them getting chapped arms, legs, tummies, or hands in this winter weather!
We won't be going anywhere tomorrow as it's been freezing rain since about 2:00 and is supposed to continue until Sunday night. Yuck!
Hope you can all enjoy the weekend and avoid the messy weather!
Monday, Ruthy and Moriah had check ups at the doctors. Javan's ears are fine. Ruthy feels much better. Then we went to the library and picked out some new books and movies.
Tuesday we took Javan's 5 month pics a few weeks late. He did super!! I'll post some of them when we get the email proofs! It was a lot of fun.
For breakfast Moriah and Ruthy ate cornflakes. Ruthy was explaining to Moriah that they are called "cornflakes". Moriah misunderstood and kept saying "snowflakes". Ruthy finally was satisfied when Moriah said cornflakes. However, when Moriah finished her bowl of cereal she said, "look, I ate all the snowflakes." It was cute!
Wednesday, I took all 3 kids to get their pictures taken at JCPenneys. They did good but we only got four pictures taken so I'll proabably try again another time. Then we went to Burger King for lunch before going to WIC. We had to be at WIC at 2:00 (nap time!!) and got out at 3:30. Then, we ran to Wal-Mart before going home to drop off groceries. Moriah fell asleep in the car at 5:00, just as I pulled into the driveway. Supper is at church at 5:30 prior to small groups so we ran off to that.
Mark Scott is teaching a Life of Christ class at church on Wednesday nights. I'm so excited. He is an excellent teacher and leader and I'm excited to learn from him.
Thursday, Ruthy had a sonogram at Freeman East. She was a bit nervous about it but when she figured out what was going on, she did great and laid really still. Just before we left for that app't Ruthy's nurse called and said they had her urine test results from Monday back and there was an "organism" in her urine that was different from what was present when she went to the ER/Urgent care in December. So, we had to take in a new sample with the promise of results later.
Friday, (today) we went back to town to go to Wear-ables a children's used clothing store that buys clothes. She offered me $37.50 for some of Moriah's clothes that she'd outgrown. It's actually in-store credit but that's okay since I'll be buying Ruthy and Javan coats for next winter. Then we went to Pizza Inn for lunch and the kids really liked it. We ran to Wal-Mart with the rest of the Joplin area for milk and a few other necessities before the freezing rain hit.
Dr. McMichael's office called and said Ruthy's kidney sonogram looked good and everything was fine. They said the organism was still present in Thursday's urine sample so we need to try to flush it out by increasing her fluid intake. We'll go back on Tuesday or Wednesday and see if the organism is gone. If not, Ruthy will be on a z-pack (a really strong antibiotic).
Dr McMichael is very knowledgeable and thorough, however we REALLY miss the friendship and history we had with Dr. Randy and Dr. Doug in St. Joseph. It was nice knowing that when we called the office they knew exactly who we were and that we had a good friendship so we could call them anytime.
Tonight I was feeding Javan in the living room while the girls were playing nicely in Javan's room. When Mark walked in to check on them he found them COVERED in diaper cream.
We won't be going anywhere tomorrow as it's been freezing rain since about 2:00 and is supposed to continue until Sunday night. Yuck!
Hope you can all enjoy the weekend and avoid the messy weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment