Friday, July 20, 2007

Javan

Tonight as I was getting supper ready for the kids before going to Kids' Klub Live (VBS) Javan was playing with the drawers in my kitchen. He always plays there and pulls out the saran wrap, baggies, wash cloths, towels, etc. Today though, he fell down on the corner of one of the drawers. He got a big cut on his left eyebrow. It stopped bleeding pretty quickly but it was still a fairly good size gap. I wasn't sure whether to go to Urgent Care or if it would heal by itself. I called the nurse hotline and she said to go since she couldn't look at it. I took the girls to church for their classes and met Mark in the hallway. I told him what happened and asked a nurse at church what she recommended. She said to go to Urgent Care and they'd just 'glue' it. So, I left the girls, and Javan & I went to Webb City Urgent Care.

The Doctor at Urgent Care was great and very sympathetic. He said that Javan would need 3 stiches!!! Javan did great!! They cleaned it and put on a topical anasthetic on a cotton ball that they taped to his forehead for 15 minutes. Then they came in and wrapped him up in a sheet so he couldn't move his arms and legs. I held his body wrapped in the sheet, laying on the bed while another nurse held his head. Javan was pretty upset (mostly about being held down). The doctor did really good and was very compassionate with Javan. As soon as the doctor was done I unwrapped Javan and held him. After a quick kiss on his head, he turned around and similed at the doctor. He is such a good boy!!! He has done really good. He will have to have the stiches removed in 5 days. Since we're leaving for Colorado on Wednesday morning, we'll have to go in on Tuesday to have them removed.


I'm really hoping to sleep good tonight and not have to write a blog like this about Ruthy tomorrow!!

No comments: