Sunday, July 22, 2007

javan

After our Kids' Klub live last night I picked the kids up and brought them home for bed. just as I was laying Javan down to bed, I noticed that Javan was breathing more shallow than normal and I heard a faint wheezy sound. I put him in bed and thought i'd check on him when I got the girls down (Mark was at church getting ready for sunday morning). I put the girls to sleep and went to check on Javan. He was breathig 40 breaths/minute and his neck and tummy were sagging in when he breathed. I called the nurse hotline to see if I could just give him a breathing treatment. She said, that though that is probably what the dr would do at the hospital she of course couldn't say to do it and no doctor would authorize it without checking him first. She said I could try to put him in a steamy room for awhile. So, I made the bathroom really steamy (and took a shower so I didn't waste the water!!) then brought Javan in. After being in there a few minutes, Mark came home. I told him what was going on and he agreed that Javan should go to the ER. So, at about 11:30pm I left for the ER. we got there about 12am and they took us right back. by the way, I found out Javan weighs 18.4lbs. They gave him a breathing treatment and took chest x-rays. His blood-oxygen level was 96% and remained there. The doctor prescribed a nasal decongestant/antihistamine medicine to give him. He said to continue with the breathing treatments at home. The respiratory therapist (after hearing how all 3 kids were now on breathing treatments) gave me two masks for the girls as they are not supposed to share. She was very nice and helpful (something that is very rare in the ER). We got home at 2am, a record time for the ER.

We have to take Javan back to the Urgent Care on Tuesday to remove his stiches, and I hope that is all we have to go there for for a long time. i'm sure our insurance isn't too thrilled with us...three hospital/urgent care visits in 48 hours!

Mark has a really busy week getting ready for NYR. Plus, he has a worship night tonight at church. We leave on Wednesday morning early for NYR. Please keep our safety on the trip in your prayers. At this point, I don't feel I can drive very far so I might let the other girls drive more in the van (we'll see what Wed brings). I keep thinking, maybe God is helping them wear down so they will sleep more on the van ride to Colorado!! : ) I know that honestly, these 3 trips to the ER are very little compared to what so many people are going through. While I was at the ER yesterday a lady was there who lost a family member tragically. I'm blessed in so many ways that I really shouldn't complain about a little lost sleep and breathing treatments!

1 comment:

Angel said...

We will definately be praying for a safe trip home and that nothing much happened while you were in Colorado, since now that I am catching up, to hear about all the stuff you have been through.
How awesome of you to remember that it can always get worse.
Looking forward to hearing how your trip went and hoping to finally update ours. :-)
All our love,
Angel