Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Trip

Our Thanksgiving trip was very enjoyable. We arrived Wednesday afternoon to the smell of a turkey coming out of the oven. Grandma Bond had been busy in preparation for Thanksgiving Day. Pies, salads, casseroles...way too much, but oh how good it was! The kids posed for a picture before the bird was carved up and go in the fridge until the feast on Thursday.


Grandma saved the wishbone and told the girls about what they could do with it if they let it dry overnight. I think we forgot about it until Saturday and they broke it right before we left.

With all the weather changes of 75 degree days followed by 33 and drizzle, I came down with a nasty chest cold. That made for lounging around and having to watch football and movies. Luckily, there was a movie store open and they had some good ones to rent. I got to watch Flags of our Fathers, The Illusionist, along with Care Bears, Arthur, My Little Pony, and Curious George (the movie) - Thankfully Family Video has free kids movies...how nice is that!

Because of my chest cold, I decided that rest was more important than hitting the streets early on Friday and I decided to not do any Black Friday shopping. Well, about 10 AM on Friday, I started to think I should at least just go to Wal-Mart and see what they had left. They had almost everything left so I picked up a few good deals. Rachel and I returned to do some additional Christmas shopping while we had some free babysitting back at Grandma's!

Saturday, Brandon and I got Mom's porch all decorated for Christmas. The kids picked up all the decorative animals from the rock garden and stored them the garage for winter.

Grandma went ahead and got out the ceramic tree for the living room and enjoyed sharing that with the kids.

We had a wonderful time and got to remember what Thanksgiving was all about. We are so very thankful for all the things God has done this year in the life of our family. We are also thankful for so many friends out there that share this journey with us.

No comments: