Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Daddy for President

There are a lot of things that we can update about, but my computer was really slow last night, so I just got the pictures up.

Yesterday Ruthy was getting dressed in a short-sleeved dress. I went in to help her unbutton the front and she told me, "It's okay mom because I'm going to put my turtleshell on top." It took me a second until I saw her turtleneck shirt on the floor.

Yesterday of course was "voting day" (as we call it here). I told the girls we were going to go vote...we've been talking about it for days now. I said we're going to go decide who we're voting for. Moriah popped up and screamed, "I know.... DADDY!!!" Ruthy thought we should vote for Lindsay. : )

We went to WIC on Monday. They had to weigh Moriah & Javan. Moriah weighs 28.5 pounds and Javan weighs 21pounds 10 ounces, Ruthy weighed herself on the scale and is 39.5 pounds. While they were measuring Javan I had to hold his head down against the ruler. While he was screaming (not b/c it hurt, just b/c I was holding him) I noticed that one of his top molars is coming through. That might explain the ear infection two weeks ago and being up almost every hour the last several nights! Poor boy!

We signed the girls up for gymnastics class at the YMCA. I thought for the Tumble Tikes class they would just learn summersaults, maybe flips, etc. We were really disappointed with our first class on Monday. They did some warm-up exercises with the kids (all ages 3-5) then took them over to the high bars. Then, one at a time (there's 5-7 kids there) had them swing on the bars. Then the "teachers" (who are maybe 14 years old) flipped the kids over the bars... none of the kids were excited about it. The 'teachers' sat all the kids down half-way through the bars and explained some very impromtu rules that they made up as they talked. Then they had the kids walk on the balance beam. Moriah did the balance beam but wouldn't put her hands up to hang on the bars. Ruthy did both and really enjoyed her time. We signed up for a fun time and some good exercise but honestly they only "did" gymnastics for maybe 2 minutes of the whole 30 minutes. It's only a one-month class and then you can sign up again if you want. We will probably only sign up if it gets a lot better of if the girls really seem to like it more. The class is every Monday & Thursday this month.

Javan has pink eye. Ruthy had red eyes a few weeks ago but they didn't hurt/itch/or have goopies. I treated it with eye drops. Then, last week Moriah had goopy eyes but not very red. Tuesday Javan woke up with red goopy eyes. So we didn't go to Mom's Connection yesterday and he & I will walk the halls tonight at church since he can't go to class but the girls REALLY want to go. I'm putting eye drops in everyone and maybe it will prevent the return. Ruthy loves eye drops, Moriah hated them two weeks ago (I had to pin her down to get them in) but this weekend learned to love them, and Javan didn't even cry too much today when I did them. Hopefully we're all done with this soon and can enjoy nice weather outside and no more sicknesses for a long time.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Rachel!
So glad to hear everyone is on the mend hopefully and that your trip was a great one.
Your family is so sweet and they look like they are so much fun. I sure wish the two of mine were home all day. I miss that with them. Usually when we are all together, we are all so tired we don't do much.
This weekend, we were all down with the flu (respiratory, of course) and that has been fun. One albuterol after another:-)
Love you all and hope to see you soon!!