Tuesday, February 26, 2008

in 7 days

what have we done in the last 7 days?????

1. Javan has 3 molars that have finally cut through the skin!!! We had to venture out last Thursday (the really icy, cold, yucky day) and go to the doctor b/c of another ear infection. He's on more antibiotics now and hopefully this will take care of it. He's still trying to fight off a cough too. the cough meds. Dr. Holmes prescribed last time really help, however it makes him really sleepy so we only give it at bedtime.

2. I cleaned out my laundry room. It needed a major cleaning! I have turned my clothes sorter into my new recycling sorter. In just over a week, we have filled up the plastic bin and the paper bin is really close. Today I called to find out about the recycling center in Carthage and plan to take stuff there soon.

3. Gymnastics is done. This Thursday is really the last day, but we won't be here for it. The girls have enjoyed it but I don't think we'll continue it there right now. They have more fun and get more exercise from doing flips in the living room. You should see Moriah. She takes off from the kitchen door and runs and without much of a stop, flips completely over. Of course she's too shy to do it in gymnastics class so they don't even know she can flip. Ruthy has almost mastered a hand-stand. She really likes gymnastics but almost always ends up dancing...and she's very graceful at it too.

4. Mark stayed home last Wednesday b/c he wasn't feeling very good..a lot of mucus and coughs... thursday he took us to the doctor's office b/c I was nervous about driving. Friday was Mark's day off, so we went to Chuck-E-Cheese then he had a quick worship practice for teh CCCB reunion that is coming up. Saturday he had worship practice in the morning, but was home before lunch. We enjoyed having Daddy around more this week...and he still filled his 'quota' of work hours.

5. For the last 2+ weeks the girls have been working on staying in their beds all night w/o crawling into ours. We printed off Chuck-E-Cheese reward chart (they have a lot) and hung them on the girls' door. If they stay in their beds for 14 days CEC will give them each 10 tokens. Friday they finally completed their charts. We all had fun playing there.

6. shopping- today after gymnastics the girls, Javan, & I went shopping. I only had 6 things on my list so I put everyone in the cart. The girls were in the basket and Javan was up front. Of course, the 6 things were each in different departments of the store so it still took us half-an-hour (Ruthy timed us with her watch). When I only had one thing left on the list, Javan was done. So I had Ruthy & Javan trade spots. While I was looking for a new memo board I looked down and Javan was holding an empty egg carton outside the cart. I almost-panicked then looked down and noticed there were not any eggs on the floor. I looked in the cart and they were all there at his feet. He managed to only break one (and it stayed mostly intact so there wasn't a big mess). When I'm cooking in the kitchen, sometimes I give him an old egg carton that is filled with toys or blocks, etc and he gets to play with it. I'm sure tat's what he figued was going on today too....surely he wasn't trying to make a big mess at W-Mart while Mom was distracted, right?!!?! : )

7. tomorrow is Mom's Connection and I have to find somewhere to get a haircut. We're going to the CCCB Reunion. CCCB is where Mark and I both went to college and there that we met. Mark is playing in the worship band and Gma Bond is going to come hang-out with us at the reunion and the hotel. We are really excited and the girls can't wait to see Gma and to go swimming at the pool!

There was probably a lot more funny stories, silly sayings, and other "stuff" that has happened around here in the last seven days, but I just can't think of any more right now. I'm off to bed and hoping Javan's cough med allows us all some good sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds like you all have been keeping pretty busy too!
Your family sounds like such fun! You got so lucky with the egg incident! What a scare!
We miss you guys so much and are looking forward to seeing you soon. Have fun at the reunion and with grandma. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back!!

MarcKimVasquez said...

Any blog entry which masks that Mark is really the one that wanted to do gymnastics and uses the word "mucus" is okay by me! Hope your little guy gets to feeling better. Ear infection=no fun for anyone.