Tuesday, April 15, 2008

a busy week

Our garage sale went okay this weekend. It was cold and VERY windy so we had everything in the garage. The kids and I stayed inside most of the time while Mark braved the cold weather. Javan was extremely cranky all day, which is very unusual for him. I think he just got off to a bad start because when he woke up (in our bed) Mark & I were already working in the garage. WHen we went out later in the van to go garage saleing he fell asleep by the time we got to Graystone (.5miles from our house). The sale went good though. We sold one of the old bikes, the girls' scooter, Mark's chiminea, one of our ear-checkers and the infant carseat. Those were all pretty big things we needed to sell. THere were a lot of clothes left though. I've kept some of them to list on craigslist or ebay soon.

We had a twin box spring and frame for sale. No one even asked about it. Mark listed it on craigslist and had 3 immediate requests!

With our garage sale profits we bought battery-operated Jeeps. Mark found a Barbie Jeep on ebay in Arkansas for a really good price. then he bought one from Scott & Kim that is black & yellow. the kds really like it. We've gone for several walks in the evenings after supper. Our neighbor who is 2, and getting ready to move to AZ soon has a jeep too. He has only riden his once or twice then didn't want to do it again...until the kids came over in theirs. He was so excited. I would've loved to have the video camera though b/c they looked like the shriners. Moriah & Cooper were only going in circles for quite awhile. Moriah is starting to figure out the whole driving thing and almost able to keep it straight. We can't go in our grass b/c the grass is so thick! *(yeah Mark)!

Next week is Ruthy's kindergarten round-up on Thursday morning. It's at her school and we have to show proof of shots, etc. Then they'll check her vision, hearing, and do a dial-3 test which is vocabularty, cutting skills, catching skills, etc.

Ruthy starts summer school on May 28th-June 26th. She's pretty excited to be able to go before her bday. I'm not sure we'll go the whole month, but we'll do all of it that we can. July is always busy with NYR and NYR prep and I don't want her to get too wornout. It's just from 8am-11am though. We got a letter in the mail today with info about her round-up time and I got misty-eyed.

This weekend Mark has a church men's weekend called Encounter. It's from Fri-Sun. The men are already looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at the shriners comment. I can just imagine little kids riding in circles in their jeeps. How fun! Isn't it great that spring is here? :)

Emily said...

I would be misty eyed too! Don't feel bad. It's kind of sad watching our little ones grow up so fast. I guess that's what they are supposed to do though. Enjoy every minute!