Biscuit, our puppy, is such a good little girl. We've only had her since Thursday afternoon but we're starting to get adjusted. Ruthy enjoys holding her and loves to pet her, if I'm holding her. She's still a bit timid about venturing into the kitchen (Biscuit's room) alone.
Moriah hasn't eaten the last two meals in the kitchen while Biscuit has been out of her kennel. she says how much she loves her though.
Javan has done good at petting her and telling her "goo-gwhl" (good girl). he did better before he heard Moriah screaming! : )
Our first night I was up quite a bit with her. then, Friday night I put her in the kitchen in her kennel and closed my bedroom door so I couldn't hear her. she whimpered for awhile when she went into her kennel, but I checked on her every 2 hours and she was whining so I got her out for a bit then put her back in. saturday night i turned a fan on in the kitchen. she had one 5-hour stretch and slept until 2:30. When she woke up (i was awake before she was expecting her to wake up... really, I guess I'm getting used to not sleeping all night again) I took her outside to potty and she did it! We did the same thing again at 5:45am but this time she wasn't too happy about going back into her kennel. She has now gone potty 5-6 times outside and at lunch she even whined. It might have been because she loves hopping through the grass but when I took her out she did her business! YEAH!! Now, I just hope Javan doesn't think that he should learn to potty in the grass too!
Mark gets home tonight from being gone at a retreat Fri-Sun. It will be nice to have him home. I think Moriah is the most excited so he can protect her from the little puppy! : )
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I remember the days when Ben was puppy. It was a joy to get up every 2 hours again!! Not really!!
It does fade after they get used to a routine.
Glad to hear that your lives are well!! Miss you tons!!!
Post a Comment