Monday, November 24, 2008

Moriah

Last week was Ruthy's week for her own blog, so I guess today is Moriah's turn.

This morning after Mark took Ruthy to school, Moriah, Javan & I headed out to do some errands. It was a cold morning and the van now gets parked outside. Moriah had both hands in her coat pockets and was walking to the van. My hands were full of stuff that I was unloading into the van. I turned around just to see Moriah falling head-first onto the driveway, as she apparantely tripped on her shoes. Poor girl!!!

She doesn't do well with "owies" anyway, so I knew this was going to do her in. She got a big bruise above her right eyebrow along with a little scratch. Then below her right eye it looks like someone dipped their thumb in red ink and left a thumb print. It is pretty sore today. She did let me wash it off tonight which is a big accomplishment, other than just the neosporin we've been doing today.


On Saturday we went out to eat together as a family. Moriah has been talking about a FurReal dog named Biscuit for weeks. She REALLY wants this dog...but it's $160.... Anyway, I'd told her that if she saved her birthday & Christmas moneys for 4 years that she'd finally have enough to get the dog. During lunch the topic came up again. I reminded her how long it was going to take...4 years. Ruthy sat straight up and her eyes got really big and said, "That's how long it is until Obama's duhhh... (chuckle) done... (she whispers..) "I almost said dead." it was funny. I don't remember talking about him being in office for 4 years, but she remembers. So, when Obama's done in office, we might have a stuffed dog named Biscuit.

We're excited to visit Grandma Bond, Bonita & Brandon for Thanksgiving! We're counting down the days. Moriah & Javan are even talking about petting Cricket, Grandma's dog...we'll see what happens.....

Happy thankgiving!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Benjamin wants the stuffed triceratops.