Monday, November 03, 2008

have Christmas want-lists started already?

For months, the girls have been asking for a horse. They've even got Javan asking..almost begging! Tonight's dinner conversation centered around us getting a horse. It went something like this:


Ruthy: "Daddy, can we get a horse?"
Daddy: "Well, horses are a lot of work and money. Where would we keep it?"
Moriah: Well, Mr. Chad [our neighbor] has a fence.
Ruthy: Yeah, and Mr. Dale [our behind-us-neighbor] is so nice, I bet he'd let us put a fence and a horse in there.
Then, Ruthy determines that she and Moriah could wake up at 6am and feed the horse before school and Daddy could get a shovel and be the pooper-scooper.

Javan: Horsey...pwease!
Ruthy: Actually, I'll have a mommy horse, and Moriah wants a Daddy horse, and Javan can have a pony!
Javan: pony, pwease!

Daddy: We have to talk to Mom about it.
Ruthy: We already did and she said 'talk to Dad'. (Mom & Dad laugh 'ha')
Ruthy: I already have a lot of money..I have $5.
Mom: A horse is more like $1000...that's counting to 100 ten times.
Ruthy: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100...okay!
(Mom looks surprised..I didn't know she could count by 10's... I tried to talk about this new skill and distract her but she just answered my questions and returned to the previous topic.)


Dad: Maybe you could write an ad and we could put it on craigslist or something.....
Ruthy asks what an 'ad' is then runs to get paper.

So... Here are 2 great ads. I'm really hoping no one takes this too seriously and decides to donate to their mission.....




Ruthy's:


"I am 6 years old and I want a horse. Love Ruthy"
Moriah's says: "I am 4 and I want a horse."
She wanted Daddy to also tell her how to write, "I want to ride a horse, and give it food and brush it."

No comments: