Here's a re-cap of this last week:
* Saturday Moriah woke up at 3am with the flu. By 10:30 she was feeling better but she's still not eating regularly (she ate 3/4 of a hotdog today and could sometimes do two). Thankfully, though, no one else caught it.
* Sunday Ruthy begged to go to church. It really is a blessing that my girls love church. Ruthy could easily go every day. Things got busy at church so Mark wasn't able to come home and pick her up so Moriah & I took her to 3rd service then sat in the back of church. Mark had an elders' meeting and choir practice in the afternoon-evening so he stayed at church. The girls and I came home ate lunch, took naps, and played. We skipped choir this week just incase we were still contagious.
* Monday we went to the doctors. Ruthy's been complaining for a week that she had 'lint in her ear'. Moriah had started playing with her ear again on Sunday. She's had 3 ear infections in 3 months so we're extra anxious when she starts pulling. We took them to Dr. Randy's nurse practicioner, Casey, who examined both girls' ears and called them clear. I hate when that happens, but I'd feel even worse if they had a ruptured ear drum or something. Better safe than sorry.
Two hours later was my appointment with my OB, Dr. Veligati...actually with her nurse. I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I forgot how boring the first appointment is. You can't hear the heartbeat yet so they just weigh you and do blood work then fill out a bunch of papers. We took the girls thinking there might be a slight chance to hear the heartbeat, so they were bored, but did really well. I go back Feb 2nd and should hear a heartbeat then. Our due date is Aug 8th.
After that, we dropped Mark off at church and the girls and I got McDonald's to-go. Ruthy enjoyed her hamburger and Moriah had a few chicken nuggets. I was hungry for the Quarter Pounder (saw a commercial for it the night before and almost sent Mark out) and enjoyed every bite!
Then off to naps...
Moriah and I read a bedtime story, pray, and sing a song before she goes to sleep in her crib. She LOVES "Old MacDonald had a farm". She knows every animal's sound in the book. It's her 'dog book' as she says. We read it countless times a day. Thankfully Gma & Gpa Humphrey gave her one for her birthday this summer and Aunt Bonita & Brandon gave her one for Christmas this year, so we have one on each level of the house.
Ruthy is much harder to get to sleep. (Read previous posts if you need proof). She has decided that her bed (the queen guest bed) is too big for her. So, I covered half the bed with blankets, stuffed animals, extra throw pillows, etc. She loves it...when she's awake! When it's time to sleep, she'd prefer to sleep on the floor. So, that's where Ruthy's spent the last two nights and nap times. Camping out in her room. I figure it can't hurt her, and eventually she'll get tired of it and climb into her nice soft bed that's waiting for her. Today at nap time she even drug her chair/sleepingbag that Gma & Gpa Bond gave her into the hallway thinking that would count.
We'll see how this drama continues and what Ruthy decides to do. In most cases like this, it's just that...what RUTHY decides she'll do. Daddy is putting her to sleep tonight, so he might be camping out with her on the floor as well...we'll see....
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We just wanted to let you know we enjoy checking out your blog to see what's going on with your family. Congratulations on the pregnancy. We are so happy for you!
Love, Nick & Lauren
Post a Comment