Monday, July 24, 2006

Another week

Has it really been another week since we last wrote? We're enjoying being settled in our home.

On Thursday was another doctor appointment. She said we're getting closer to the baby coming. I'm definitely ready. We haven't talked any more about inducing though.

We enjoyed the weekend with Gma & Gpa Bond, Bonita & Brandon. It was fun be
ing together and visiting. It was great to see/meet/meet again many of the extended family over the weekend too. We went Friday night to Therma's brother's, Ervin's, home for supper. After getting home way too late and up too early we played around the house on Saturday. I had some fabric that I was going to make into curtains for Ruthy's old room in St. Joe but didn't get done and they won't fit here so Gma & Bonita sewed them into beautiful dresses.

Saturday we went to Chuck-E-Cheese. It was Gma & Gpa's first times to go and they had a good time. Gma got some free tickets since her birthday is Monday. Saturday lunch was held at Karen's, Gma's sister, home with even more cousins. There was even another preschooler (3 yr old girl) for our girls to play with. Since Mark was born 12 years after his siblings there aren't many young children around usually. The girls had a great time. Aunt Sharon brought a HUGE bag of mardi gras beads for the girls. Before leaving for naps, we filled a Wal-mart bag full of necklaces to play with! The girls and I came home for naps (finally!) and Mark headed to Springfield to get some posters that Kinkos printed. Gma, Gpa, bonita & Brandon stayed at Karen's to visit. After nearly a three hour nap the girls woke up and we were ready for all the company to come here for awhile. Everyone headed out a bit before 10 so another late night, but the girls handled it well.

We enjoyed church on Sunday morning then Mark's family left about 1:30.

I had a doctor appt today but we're still not ready to induce. I was really hoping to walk in to the office today and she'd say "call Mark and have him bring your bags, you're staying..." but it didn't work this week. I'm supposed to go back in a week, but her only open day was Aug 4th which is actually a week and a half from now. But if I have a lot of contractions this next week before next Monday I'm going to call and see if I can get in to see her early.

Sunday we blew up our inflatable pool. It's about 8 feet wide and 2.5 feet deep. The girls have loved it. We swam last night (Sunday) and Monday morning and Monday night. It's not filled very deep so Moriah can sit on the bottom but it is relaxing to sit in. It's been a lot of fun and maybe they will sleep better! They are getting more used to putting their heads in the water and are definitely having fun. Today we were out there nearly an hour each time we swam.

Mark's at church working on some NYR stuff and I'd planned to go to bed early.... oh well, it was nice to have some 'me' time. He has decided not to go to NYR this year since we aren't sure when the baby will be born. I know he'll miss it, and I wish he could go, but it will be even better having him here just incase.

No comments: