Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What have we been up to?

I'm sure you're all wondering what we've been doing so we haven't written in awhile....

Well, on Friday Mark was finally able to mow the yard. We borrowed Travis' weed-eater so we could do some of that too. (I said "we" but I entertained the girls inside!) Travis & Lindsay came over after supper and Travis helped Mark a bit then we visited until midnight. The girls loved seeing them again. It's been a HUGE blessing to have them nearby.

On Saturday, Mark had worship team practice in the morning until early afternoon. We were invited to a birthday party for our St. Joe Small Group kids (Vegas & Bledsoes) and would've loved to go, but I just didn't have the energy. Sorry.. So, we hung out here in the morning then after naps were over we headed to Joplin. We ate supper at a restaurant then went to Target and did some shopping. After Target we promised the girls we could go play at Chuck-E-Cheese. We met the Myers family there and played for over an hour. The girls had a great time! Ruthy rode a roller coaster ride four times! Last time she went she wouldn't get close, but she rode it with Lindsay and laughed the whole time! We dashed home late and gave the girls quick baths before bed.

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for church. The girls love their classes. The co-ordinator for Moriah's class is Ms. Kim. When we ask Moriah who was in her class, Ms Kim is the first one she says. Ruthy's class' co-ordinator is Ms. Tammy and Ruthy loves her. After church on Sunday she reinacts what happened during class and yesterday Ruthy was Ms. Tammy telling the story. A lot of times she wears a walkie-talkie like Ms Tammy does too. Ruthy is soaking up the lessons and learning a lot. She can tell me the entire story that she has learned. The last two weeks they've been talking about Nehemiah and I have a full account from Ruthy!

Today we did laundry and made up 6 dozen hamballs for the freezer. It's good to get that done. I'm trying to get some meals prepared for when the baby is born. After naps we went to town again to look for a dining room table. We found one we liked and ordered it. Hopefully it should be here between 2-3 weeks. I also found a quilt rack for $18. I thought that was a great deal for a new one. Then, we went to Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery shopping. We're finally getting to bed and hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Good night!

No comments: