Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rub-a-dub-dub, 3 kids in a tub


Friday morning I took Javan to the doctor for his two month check-up. He weighs 11pounds 10 ounces and is 23" long. (he was 7.8 when he was born). He did great getting his three shots and an oral vaccine for Rotavirus. He quit crying as soon as I picked him up afterwards...something neither of the girls did so quickly. We came home to Dad, Ruthy & Moriah. On the way home, my cell phone rang and it was Ruthy who was missing me. Since Javan's been born and I was in the hospital for 2 days, any 'long' period of time and she starts to wonder when I'm coming back. She talked for a long time and whenever she thought I might be ready to hang up she'd say, "okay, but I have to tell you something...." Finally when I was about 2 miles away she said goodbye and hung up. When I got home Mark said she had run into the kitchen where he was and said, "I lost Mom." Then, I walked through the door so it was okay.
Javan is beginning to 'talk' and we love having mini-conversations with him. He is starting to really smile and it is so cute!

The last few times I've given the kids baths, I've included Javan in the big bathtub with the girls. They love 'bathing' him and he loves being in the water and the attention from his two sisters. (ok, so in the pic it doesn't look like he loves it but he really did).

We had a great weekend with Mark's parents. They came up on Friday. We woke up Saturday morning and had coffee cake. You have to try the coffee cake recipe on the side of the Jiffy Muffin mix, it's really good. Then we went to the parade. There were 20 marching bands. Ruthy loved this part and even marched along with them in place. She also enjoyed the flag girls that were with each band. Their Tuesday night babysitter, Lindy, was a flag girl and we were pleasantly surprised to see her. Moriah didn't enjoy the bands at the beginning but by the end was bouncing up and down to the music while she drank her juice. Thankfully there were only a few mascots in costume during the parade...but you won't believe how many people bring their dogs to the parade! Why??? (For those who don't know my girls are TERRIFIED of dogs!)

After the parade we went to the park where they were to have carnival rides, a gospel trio, and food. Mark joined us after worship team practice and we all ate there. We skipped the carnival rides as they were on the far side of the park and the temp was warming up. The girls enjoyed the duck pond though and watching the train display. After awhile we headed home for naps! G'ma Bond's sister and brother-in-law live in Joplin so we invited them to supper on Saturday. It was nice to visit with everyone.

Moriah woke up a lot during the night Saturday into Sunday morning then woke up at 6:30 starving and shaking. After feeding her she was fine. She woke up this morning the same way. We went to Mom's Connection and they brought her to me after about an hour and she had a fever (which she didn't have when we got there). I went home and took her temp and it was 100. I called the dr to see if it could all be related. We made an appt for 2:40 today. The drew some blood and her blood sugar was fine (but she'd also just drank some juice). So tomorrow morning we go in for a fasting blood draw. I'm hoping it's nothing more than she's having a growth spurt and just needs some additional food. We'll let you all know.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Javan is such a cutie!!
It is hard to believe he is getting to be that old and that big.
The girls look like great big sisters! I bet this has been so new for Moriah, as she has been the baby.
You are often in our thoughts and prayers!