Friday, October 06, 2006

A good Day

This morning the kids and I went to go get Moriah's glucometer down in Joplin. It worked out good because we had an appointment for WIC at 9:45 anyway. Either our prescription was lost or something, because they had to call the doctor office and get it refaxed. Because of this and some other stuff, we ended up leaving for WIC with the promise of returning later. We went to WIC (which of course took until 11:15) then I took the girls to Hardees. Ruthy ate 3/4 of a thickburger sandwich and Moriah mostly had fries. Javan slept through our entire morning (what a good baby!). We left and went to the medical store where Javan woke up and the girls were tired of being still. They actually did really well and Javan took his paci and slept a bit off and on. We got the glucometer with the directions "read the book and you'll figure it out"...less than reassuring. We went to the park and the girls ran and played for an hour. I fed Javan then played with the girls. We went to Wal-greens for some bandaides then home for much needed naps. While everyone napped I read the manual and figured it out.

We have to test Moriah prior to bedtime for two days. She did great and her reading was 100!!! That's good!!! We have to do it at midnight and 3am then before breakfast. We're going to try to do it while she's sleeping so it won't be too tramatic (she's a hard sleeper) and the stick didn't bother her as much as the anticipation of it earlier. We'll let you know....

Javan slept last night in his big bed (crib not bassinet) from 10pm-5am! I woke up at 3am and went to check on him. Have I mentioned what a good baby he is??!!

Ruthy gets just as nervous as Moriah when the testing is going to happen. Today when I was at WIC I had to have my finger poked and she hid behind a chair until it was done.

Tomorrow as a reward Lindsay volunteered that we should all meet at Chuck-E-Cheese as a special reward for the girls. They will be so excited!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Wow guys! I have gotten a little behind. I can't believe all that is going on with Moriah.
We will definately be praying for you guys and her as you try to figure out what is up.
we are praying for you guys anyways. Sounds like your schedule is so chaotic compared to what it was here. We really feel for you.
All our love and prayers are with all 5 of you!!
Angel