Javan had his 9 month doctor appointment on Wednesday. He weighs 16 pounds 11 ounces. He hasn't gained much (I think he was 16# 8ounces at 6 months, but I'll have to look back) weight but Dr. Holmes wasn't concerned. We love Dr.Holmes!! He walked into the appt and joked with Moriah and Ruthy. At the end of the appt Dr. Holmes asked if we were going on any summer trips. I mentioned we're going to Indiana in a few weeks to see my sister and her family and my parents there too (and hopefully Sarah). When I mentioned it Moriah jolted up from her chair and nearly screamed, "In an airplane!!" That's the first time she talked or even looked Dr. Holmes in the eye! I was so proud of her!
Thursday evening we met Mark's Mom, Sister, and Nephew in Springfield, MO. Gma and Brandon then rode back to our house to stay with us. Bonita came up Friday night. We all had such a good visit. Therma watched the kids on Friday for me while I went to a Dr appt. They had a good time. Mark and Brandon got the yard mowed and put plastic down in the crawl space. We enjoyed breakfast on Saturday with Ervin & Debbie, Therma's brother and his wife and with Faith, their daughter-in-law and Willard & Karen, Therma's sister and her husband. We had a good time visiting. Bonita and Brandon watched the kids on Saturday night while Mark, Therma, and I went to "The Sound of Music" at Ozark Christian College. It was great. Brandon is so good with the girls! They absolutely adore him!
We're going through the house and cleaning out things we haven't used or don't need. Next weekend (19th) is a Oronogo city-wide garage sale that we'd like to take part in. We have a pile going in the garage of things to sell. Hopefully we can add to the pile in the next week and have a good sale.
They are calling for rain in the forecast most of this week so it looks like we'll probably be staying inside a lot. We went to the YMCA today to work out. Moriah doesn't like thunder and sometimes it's hard to distract her. So we went to the Y so she could play with new toys and other kids and not have to think about it. By the time we got there most of the thunder had quit but it was nice to work out. It's been probably 5 weeks since I've been there to exercise and it was fun. I really had missed it.
Have a good week!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the pic of Javan and Moriah! Had lunch with Angie Chambers and I told her about Ruthy's 1st haircut. Please keep praying for Hollie and the baby as she is still in St. Lukes' until after the baby is born.
Post a Comment