Ok...we're slacking. To all of you that have been wandering in darkness during our blogging hiatus, we apologize.
This blog is the milestone of being our 250th post. Woohoo for us.
Now, on to more significant ramblings...
Spring is almost officially here. Buds are on trees and our grass is green. I am personally thrilled because of all the work I did last fall on our yard. When I say ours is green, let me emphasize that with we are the only green square on the block! Everyone else is still dormant and our yard stands out like a green thumb :) All that really means is I'll be the first one to mow. I just hope I'm mowing some turf-like fescue instead of crabgrass this year. It's looking really good so far, I'll keep you posted on it's status.
Today was overcast and kind of cool. We started our day by heading to Golden Corral for their huge selection of breakfast items on their buffet. Ruthy was most excited about the doughnuts, Moriah thought the fried chicken wing was fantastic, and Javan enjoyed the cinnamon rolls.
From there we headed to Michael's craft store to enjoy some free craft projects. Both girls were able to make 3 fun crafts. Dad and Javan (sleeping) drove through Starbucks for a relaxing latte while the girls crafted (verb?).
After their beautiful projects were complete, we headed to have a quick visit with our friends Tom & Beth Brand. Tom was down to receive an award from the Missouri High School Student Council. Their state convention was held in Webb City this year. We enjoyed an hour visit with them while the kids explored the entire lobby of the Holiday Inn. Their adventure included many sets of stairs, rock walls, and fish ponds.
From there we headed north to surprise the kids with an easter egg hunt on the Webb City football field. The newly renovated stadium and turf field made for a great place. Thousands and thousands of eggs covered the field. It was cold, so as soon as the horn blew, everyone gathered their eggs and then returned to their cars. The kids had a good time and came home with lots of tootsie rolls.
After that long morning, there was no room for negotiating a no-nap day. And, honestly, there wasn't any resistance. Everyone enjoyed a nap while I went and ran some more errands around town.
After supper, we decided to give the kids a final surprise for the day. At Christmas time, we got the girls both new bikes (in a box that we stayed up last night assembling) but didn't want to give them to them in middle of winter. We decided to break them out early and boy did they love them. Ruthy has an Ariel bike complete with front breaks and sea shell storage bins and Moriah has a just-her-size Dora bike complete with backpack and map on the front for storage items. They are both excited about riding down to the mountain that they can climb. The mountain is the dirt piles that have sat for a couple of years since the development of our neighborhood...and they love exploring it. Not to leave Javan out, he received his first set of golf clubs, bag, and balls. I gave him his first lesson in the front yard tonight while the girls tested out their new rides. I think he'll be out driving me by junior high. Bring on the scholarships!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! Our kiddos have enjoyed riding their bikes home from school, as it is only a little over 1/2 mile from here. I just have to drive them there after I get off work, since it is too cold in the mornings still to ride them to school. They are loving getting to be outside!!
Glad to hear you are doing well! We love you and look forward to the possiblity of seeing you this summer!! Glad to you guys got to see the Brands too!! How fun for Zoe and Ruthy!
Those bikes sound VERY cool. And, trust me, we've already had someone in our family eye-ing the jr. golf sets! Sounds like so much fun! It will be nice to have spring and summer weather here to play with the new toys!
Glad you are seeing signs of spring. Our back yard is very muddy from not having grass (due the new addtion). Mark is so anxious to plant grsss seed when it dries up!!
Post a Comment