Tuesday, March 18, 2008

again?!?!


Yesterday while Moriah & I were cooking dinner Ruthy and Javan were playing very nicely together. Javan ran through the kitchen trying to get Ruthy to chase him. Apparently he wasn't paying attention in front of him and was looking behind him and smacked right into the corner of the wall where it pokes out into the living room. Ruthy ran into the kitchen yelling that Javan hit his head and it was bleeding. Javan walked in behind her crying. He had a cut from the top of his forehead down to his eyebrow... of course it was the same side he had stiches on in July, and the cut stopped on the exact spot they stitched up.


I wiped it off and put a cold wash cloth on it. I gave both of the girls "jobs" to do to help so they would calm down. Moriah fished in my pockets to find his paci and Ruthy got the cold wash cloth. They both did great! Javan of course, hated me holding anything on his head. So when it wasn't bleeding enough to get all over both of us, I quit. I couldn't decide whether to take him to urgent care or not. I knew it wasn't big enough for stitches....but it's hard to decide.


When Mark came home we ate supper (& Javan ate too) then I gave Javan a bath. He let me even wash off his big scratch w/o complaining. We decided then that maybe I should take him and just check it out.


So Javan & I went to the Urgent Care. He talked the entire trip to the Urgent Care. I'm not sure what all he said, but I"m sure it was important and I think he liked my undivided attention! Then we sat in a waiting room with at least 3 other people who had the flu (pray we don't get it now!). Javan was laughing and talking the whole time and the bump had started to go down.


We finally got back to the exam room and the doctor washed it off and decided to put super-glue like stuff on it. He hated being tied down but was okay. The doctor covered it with tape so he wouldn't touch it. He hasn't even tried to touch it once. We can't wash it or get it wet for 5 days.


I'm not sure he learned his lesson though. Just this morning I caught him as he was looking behind him, right before he ran into the dishwasher. The girls and I laughed that we're going to have to get a football helmet for him to wear around the house!

1 comment:

MarcKimVasquez said...

Oh how heart breaking! Jakob has had minor things in comparison and Javan's expression says it all.

We will be praying for a speedy recovery. Fortunately, it looks like he has Mark's strong dome so he's only making himself more marketable for the NFL draft of 2028!