Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A few weeks ago we took our SUV, a Mercury Mountaineer, to a repair shop as we'd noticed the transmission slipping occassionally. The man, who goes to our church, higly suggested we sell the car while we could. The transmission isn't able to be fixed until it's totally broken and is very common in this vehicle after 60,000 miles. So, we started looking.

We found a 2004 gold Honda Odyssey. It's really nice with a DVD player and power sliding doors. Ruthy has to sit in the back seat but right now she's excited about it. (which is good because the day we went to buy it she said, "I don't want to be in the back by myself, no one loves me.") She was so excited about it today though. I had Moriah's seat in the back for awhile but it was too much work. So, Moriah & Javan are in the middle row and Ruthy's in the back. We've only driven home from the dealer so we haven't spent much time in it yet (this pic isn't our car but very similar).

Tonight Parents as Teachers offered a Christmas party and "Santa" was there. While we don't celebrate Santa we went to the event for fun. They really didn't have a lot of activities there but we did try Santa. Ruthy's been asking to sit with Santa in the mall for several weeks so we tried it here where it's free. She was brave and with his help, climbed up on his lap. Moriah was very hesitant but ended up sitting on my leg while I sat by Santa. Ruthy didn't talk to Santa though. He asked her what she wanted for Christmas and asked if she wanted a Dancing Princess Barbie. She nodded but didn't say anything. Then, we got our free books and went home. On the way home, Ruthy said, "Santa told me I wanted a Barbie." I cleared up the mis-understanding then Ruthy said, "I wanted to tell him I want to be an angel for Christmas but his beard scared me." It was cute.

Tomorrow the State Farm man is coming. Our roof in the garage was leaking last week with all the snow. We're guessing all the insulation in the attic and some dry wall will need pulled out. We'll find out more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Bless you guys! Sounds like everything falls apart at the same time. So are you getting the van for sure or is it just test driving stage?
I imagine the extra room will be nice.
How is Javan? Sleeping and eating well?
Sending our love!