Saturday, March 03, 2007

Been awhile...

Sorry it's been awhile since we've written. Things are going well and we are enjoying the sunshine!!

Monday I went to the YMCA and worked out. It was so fun and felt good to be getting in better shape. The kids had a good time at the childcare center there so it was good. Then we went to the library and filled a huge bag with new books and movies.

I worked out again at the Y on Wednesday and I hope I'm making a good habit that I can keep. It's been good for the girls and I to talk about the benefits of being healthy and how we want a strong heart. As usual, Ruthy can turn it into a Bible lesson!! She quickly started talking about how we want a clean heart not a yucky, sinning heart!!

Thursday was Javan's weight check at the doctor. Last month he lost weight from the time he was there previously. Thursday they weighed him and he was 4 ounces lighter from a month ago. She didn't say a whole lot about it but that we'll check him again. She said I need to give him his laxative every day (but can vary the amount of med I give him..try 3/4 tsp or 1/2 tsp if needed, but need to do it every day. He was put on this medicine and then the dr was gone so the nurse said to do every other day once he was 'regular'. I've debated for a long time about switching doctors and I really think I'm going to do it. Her bedside manner isn't great and she has no patience when I bring in the other kids and will completely ignore them. I know I'm (insurance) isn't paying her to talk to Ruthy when I take Javan in, but she should at least be polite!!

I took Moriah to see the dr too because she'd been waking up a lot Wednesday night and playing with her ear. Moriah has a long history of ear infections. But, the dr checked her and she's fine. However, when she checked Javan, he had an ear infection (although he's been sleeping better this week!!)... what a great kid!!

Moriah weighed 28 pounds!! That was with her shoes on, but that's a big plus still.

She is doing great at potty training. She's been wearing panties at home and pull-ups when we're out somewhere. She is almost always dry. We've seen every potty that we go to and sometimes we see them twice. Like at Wmart on Thursday when she had to go twice...however, I can see how that would happen when it takes two hours to get through the store!

Mark let me sleep in today!! It's been a long time since I"ve done that. I got up a couple times with Moriah during the night and once with Javan, but I slept until 9:30!!! And at 9:30, Mark woke me up because we had to leave at 10:00 to get to JcPenneys. IT was so nice!!

Today we went to JcPenneys and took Javan's 7 month pics. Where has 7 months gone already?! He has a sweater vest that matches one of Mark's, so we took their pictures together and they are really cute. We'll post them when we get them.

After that, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese and played and had pizza. Moriah rode the seat ride that looks like a clock at least 7 times (I know one time she rode for 5 consecutive rides). We had saved up a lot of tickets so Ruthy got a Dora lunch box while Moriah got a wallet she wanted. Javan got a new CEC bib.

We enjoyed supper with Travis & Lindsay tonight.

We're planning to go to the Y tomorrow to swim and the girls are looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Angel said...

You guys sound like you are doing so great!! To read and hear how well everything is going is an answer to my prayers for all of you!!
Will be praying as you decide what to do about the doctor thing. It is hard when you don't completely trust them.
We love you and miss you!!