
Today, the kids and I went to Stephanie's house to play. We had a great time playing outside. They have a really cute play house in their back yard that Ruthy absolutely loved. While we were there, I picked out some bows for the girls' hair to match their Easter dresses. Both girls are excited and can't wait to wear them! https://www.bellalinaonline.com/
Then we came home and got supper ready. We made Murph's Chicken for supper. I don't know why it's called that but it's in the Central Christian Church's cookbook (the church where we ministered at previously in St. Joseph, MO). Anyway, it's 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 4 chicken breasts. Heat the sauce and sugar up until sugar is dissolved. Then pour it over the chicken in a baking dish. Cook at 350 for 1 hour, turning chicken over after 30 minutes. It was really good, and really easy!!!
After supper, I had a Ministers' Wives get-together. We meet once a month to pray and to visit. One of the ladies also gives there life story. This month was my turn. I spoke really quickly (I always talk fast) and was probably done in 15 minutes.
I was able to go to the Y twice this week. The girls are making friends there and are always sure to tell me who didn't obey the teacher. : ) I am really enjoying working out and it's nice to have some time to myself too. Now, if I could just remember to take my book along to read while I'm on the treadmill!
Mark Scott, a professor at Ozark Christian College, is leading our mid-week study on the Life of Christ. He always does a great job! This week he taught us about the parables of Jesus. Feel free to listen at http://www.ccochurch.com/lifeofchrist.php
We're going to try to go to the Y tomorrow to go swimming. Ruthy is excited to try out a new swimsuit we got at a church garage sale last weekend and Moriah is excited about wearing the 3T swimsuit that Ruthy wore.
I"m falling asleep writing, so I'm going to bed. Good night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment