Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This week

On Saturday we went with Travis & Lindsay to Dairy Queen for supper. On the way home, we made a last minute decision to stop at "Carousel Park". It's a fun place to play with a ferris wheel, carousel, jump house, little train, and kid-size roller coaster. The kids loved it!!!! This was the first time the kids had been on a ferris wheel, and my first time in many years! We stayed as long as we could and then had to get home to get ready for church on Sunday.

Sunday was church. We had a lot of fun. We stayed home from church on Sunday night expecting Grandma Bond to arrive. because her sister's car (her ride to Joplin) broke down on the road they weren't able to make it. After a long story and a lot of things happening, the kids and I drove part way to meet Therma & Bonita on Monday, and bring therma back with us. it's about 3 hours and the kids did really good.

We have had so much fun playing together. Today we went to Wal-Mart and tomorrow we're gon to the mall to get some clothes for Gma Bond and to take Javan's pictures!

Congratulations to Marc & Kim Vasquez on their upcoming adoption of their son. Read their blog to the right here. he looks wonderful nd will have two great parents. Please keep them in you prayers too. Marc & Kim are dear friends from Kansas City. We used to live in the same neighborhood and are great friends!

2 comments:

Katie Fisher said...

NO way!! You know Marc and Kim V.??? So weird. I know them through through church. I love them. I am soo excited for them and their new little boy!!

How funny that you know them!! This is crazy!

Okay I finally linked you guys on my blog yay!

Keep in touch and I'll tell ya when I'm in your area. =)

~katie

Angel said...

Rachel,
Hi! So sorry it has taken me this long to get on and post and write you. If you have checked out blog, you will know that the kids and I didn't get to go to Springfield. That has caused it to be a little hectic around here. Neither child has slept well with Dad gone. One night, Nathan actually "fell" asleep at 5am. We had to be up at 7:30 to get ready to help at the preschool. I have tried to get to bed at a decent hour just in case. So tonight, I knew I needed to get on and write and check my blog and email and all.
I am so sorry we weren't able to connect, but it sounds like you have had a busy one anyways.
Tell Ruthy Happy birthday and I hope she has a great day tomorrow!!
sending all our love