Our weekend started off with Gma & Gpa Bond, Bonita, Brandon, and Sean visiting. We enjoyed their visit and hosted Brandon's 16th birthday party! What fun! While they were here we showed the house to some half-way interested potential buyers. (I say half-way because they were done in 5 minutes). Sunday, we all got up and went to first service church. With the prediction of ice and snow, the girls and I left after first service to go to Gma & Gpa Humphrey's house in Illinois.
We enjoyed our time with Gma & Gpa Humphrey and Mike, Meredith, Hannah & Allison Proctor (Meredith is my sister). In the evenings we went to revival at Gma & Gpa's church and really enjoyed listening to Mark & Matt Proctor lead the evening services. It snowed on Tuesday so we decided we better leave on Wednesday. Ruthy and Grandpa enjoyed playing in the snow and making a snow man, filling the wheel barrow with snow and having a snow ball fight! It was a fun few days!!
We got back to our house on Wednesday about 4pm then went to supper & small groups at 6.
Today, Thursday, I had scheduled two home movers estimates and one house showing to a potential buyer. All three were scheduled between 10-11:30. It went great! The first home-moving (packing, loading, unloading truck) estimate was cheaper than the ones I received last week! Then, I showed the house to a very interested lady. She brought her three year old son with her so he and Ruthy played Color Wonder Finger paints. While I was showing her the back yard, the little boy and Ruthy got down from the table. We came back inside to find them upstairs. I could hear Ruthy saying, "This is my room...and this is my sister, Moriah's room..." She was showing the house too. Then, my second house-moving estimators came. When we got to the garage, I showed them our pile of garage sale stuff so they would know not to include it in the estimate. They started looking through the pile and one man found our humidifier. He asked me how much I wanted for it and gave me cash on the spot. So I made money on that estimate!
During lunch Ruthy and I were talking about moving. The subject came up during our discussion that when we move it will be too far for us to go to this church, so we'll go to a different church. Ruthy thought for a few seconds and says, "Well, then, how am I going to marry Jagger?" She is "in love" with Jagger, a boy in her class. He is a very cute boy and his parents are in our small group so we hang out together quite a bit.
The girls are napping now and I'm going to rest. Between sleeping with both girls in bed with me the last several nights, not being able to breathe well because of my cold, and the regular ups-and-downs in the middle of the night with pregnancy, I'm pretty worn out.
Mark is going to a concert with a good friend, Marc Vasquez, tonight in Kansas City so maybe he will write the blog tomorrow!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment