Thursday, May 04, 2006

New bed for Moriah

With the new baby coming soon, we've been needing to get Moriah out of the crib. She had really started to sleep good so I'd post-poned it. Ruthy moved to a big-girl bed at 15 months old, so in our family Moriah is long overdue. Since our last trip to Joplin Moriah hasn't been sleeping so well, so we figured we might as well try it now. Several months ago, we moved Ruthy to the "guest room" bed in the other room. So, that leaves her old twin bed for Moriah now. We set it up in the room kind-of beside the crib. I moved her dresser into the closet and rearranged the rocking chair and small table so the room doesn't look too crowded. At nap time today she was less than happy about it. I ended up rocking her to sleep then laying her in bed where she slept for an hour. So tonight at bedtime I was hesitant about trying it again. She laid down in her bed (crawled up there herself) and Ruthy crawled in beside her. Ruthy decided to read her a book which was cute and Moriah enjoyed. Then, I sent Ruthy off to her room to read quietly while I prepared Moriah for our usual bedtime routine. I held her on my lap (in a small chair by her bed) and we read her book. Then, I told her we loved her and we prayed. Then she was reaching for her bed!! I gave her a kiss and laid her on her bed. She cuddled up with Barney, her cup, and her blanket and we hummed our "Tired little camper" song like we do every night. After a few times through, I quit humming and just sat there and watched her fall asleep. Thankfully, she only took a few minutes. We'll see how tonight goes.

No comments: