Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ring shopping

Today we woke up and went to a birthday party for Ruthy's friend, Hannah. The party was at the skating rink and Ruthy enjoyed it. Daddy enjoyed playing the "quarter" games and won several tickets. Ruthy and Moriah both were able to pick out several rings as did the other kids.

After that we ran to McD's for lunch. Then, we went to Dr Randy and Patti's house as they had some clothes for Ruthy that their daughter Kelsey had outgrown. We filled a big box with a lot of clothes that will last Ruthy for several years. Moriah even got a coat.

Then, home for naps as everyone was tired after staying up late (11pm) at a kick-ball game with our small group. We woke up and I was starving for pancakes. Saturday kids eat free at Dennys so we went there. I'd been needing to get my wedding ring checked as we do it every six months. Then, yesterday I was looking at it and noticed one of the prong tips was broken. So, we went to the mall.

When we got to the jewelry store the lady took my ring and checked it. She came back almost immediately and asked if I did a lot of cleaning with bleach or anything. She said the ring was disintegrating (that's not the same word but I don't remember her word) due to a chemical, commonly bleach. She said many of the baggets on the side of the ring were very loose and one she could've popped out with her finger. She said she could send it in and try to re-tip it but wasn't sure that would stick. The best bet was to do their trade-in program and get a different ring. I found a band that I really like and they're putting my solitaire in the center. It's a much thicker gold and the diamonds are set better too. It should be back in on Friday. I wish eight years ago the jewelry store people would've told me how bad bleach is for jewelry.

No comments: