Well, tonight at supper Ruthy asked me about when she was a flower girl. We discussed her dresses from the two times she was a flower girl last year. From there she asked if she was the flower girl in my wedding. Of course, I told her no. Then, she asked if she was in my tummy. I said, "no not yet." Well, that wasn't enough. She wanted to know where she was, was she at the hospital? I told her that God was taking care of her.
Then, she started asking about heaven and if God flew there in an airplane. As the conversation continued we started talking about how God is making a castle (a.k.a. "mansion") in heaven just for her. She volunteered that God was making one for Moriah too. She was totally blown away by that idea...her own castle! A bit later she told me that she wants to go to heaven and that I can go with her. The more Ruthy and I discuss this, I'm figuring out that she's thinking about the castle play-place we went to in Chicago http://www.fantasykingdom.org/ As excited as I am to go to heaven one day I'm a bit nervous about driving to choir practice tonight now! : )
Other Bond family news... We've been doing 'school' with Ruthy every morning. She is really excited about it and enjoys learning. She recognizes all of her letters so now we're putting sounds to them and teaching her to recognized them in words. We're doing one letter of the alphabet every two days, so in a week (Mon-Thurs) we study two letters. Today we finished up the letter "I" and tomorrow we'll start on the letter "J" by counting and sorting jelly beans... the best deal is we get to eat them at the end!
Moriah is sleeping on her own all night long now (except last night where she woke up about 4am for a couple minutes). She and Ruthy have really enjoyed playing hide-and-seek the last few days together. They are good playmates and Moriah is sure to let Ruthy know when she's had enough and wants to play by herself for awhile.
well, the girls and I are off to choir practice for now.
-rachel
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've enjoyed reading all the Bond news. I LOVE your blog! Tell Ruthy Aunt Bonita plans to have a castle in heaven, too!
Post a Comment