Thursday, October 20, 2005

Pianos and DVD players

I made a trip to Fulton this evening to pull a piano back to St. Joseph in a UHaul trailer. It rained most of the way and very hard at times. The empty trailer bounced quite a bit on the wet road, but I made it in good time. I arrived in Mexico and met Bonita and Brandon and followed them to the house where the piano was. With some help, we loaded it up and got it all strapped in for the ride.

I drove on to Fulton to Mom and Dads. They had Hamburger Soup ready...it was wonderful. After supper, I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a DVD/VCR combo unit for them. They rent videos often, but only had a VCR. Dad mentioned last time we were together that the new releases were mostly coming out on DVD. So we got that set up and taught them all the new functions on their new remote.

Rachel and the girls spent the evening back in St. Joseph working on a bulletin board at church.

Tomorrow morning we are waking up and all heading to St. Joseph. We will pick up Brandon (and let him play hooky from school) and be home for lunch. Mom, Dad, and Brandon will return to Fulton/Mexico on Sunday. We are looking forward to a fun weekend together. I think Brandon may climb around on my roof and clean out my gutters :) He'll enjoy that.

No comments: