Yesterday the girls and I went for a walk. We played outside in the beautiful sunny weather for an hour and-a-half. It was great! On, our walk we saw two different cats. Ruthy, who has a huge fear of any animal, decided she didn't want to walk any more upon seeing the cat. After awhile I asked her why she didn't think she liked that cat (who was two driveways away and headed the opposite direction). Her reply was, "because cats have moles." Upon further investigating she helped me realize that cats have moles on their tongues...obviously, the bumps on their rough tongues. Honestly, I'm not sure she's come close enough to a cat to actually feel the bumps, but she's heard about them and committed it to memory.
Well, in Monday's blog I wrote that Moriah was intersted in the potty and maybe she'd figure it out soon. Well, "soon" has come. Yesterday she followed us into the bathroom and wanted on the potty. This time I took her diaper off and sat her up there. While she sat there she actually went potty! I know she didn't totally understand what she was doing, but it was enough that she wants to do it more. Boy, wouldn't that be great to be out of the diaper stage soon!
Today the girls and I went grocery shopping at W-Mart. They both did an excellent job of shopping, which made it really fun. After naps we went to church for Small Group. Ruthy loves going to her class and Moriah has enjoyed the nursery. I enjoy spending class time actually learning from God's Word and having grown-up converstions, although today's discussion was about a man that shaved his head... I said grown-up not intellectual. : ) It was fun though. The new youth minister's wife, Dawn, and I were able to visit for quite awhile tonight and get to know each other better. After getting home late, getting a quick snack, and putting pajamas on the girls, we're all ready for bed.
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment